8996 Burke Lake Road, Suite 304 | Fairfax, Virginia 22015

Fairfax Fire Caused By Unsafe Product

Case Against Microwave Manufacturer Settles For $900,000.00
In this product safety case, a microwave shorted out in the middle of the night causing a fire. The fire resulted in the death of the mother of our two client, her sons. Their mother was asleep in an upstairs bedroom and could not find her way out of her room once she woke up. The firemen could not even find her because there was so much smoke.
We retained an electrical engineer to provide expert testimony about why the microwave was defective. With the help of the expert and the fire investigation which pinpointed the microwave as the starting point, we were able to convincingly argue that the microwave was faulty and had started the fire. The case settled at a mediation with a retired judge who helped the parties negotiate a settlement.

Quick Contact

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.